Welcome to V's Daily Indulgence!! My site is dedicated to recipes with ingredients that are easily found in your grocery store, no fancy ingredients, just basic everyday cooking recipes that are easy to follow even for the beginner cook!  

For my how-to-videos Click here

I am passionate about cooking and keeping my recipes Simple, Savory and Satisfying! Grab a cup of coffee and stay for awhile. I hope you find something that will soon become a family favorite! If you do, I would love to hear your comments! I'm listening.

Favorite quote: " "The best thing to hold on to in life is each other." - Audrey Hepburn

Friday, October 23, 2009

Dying for Chocolate: October 23: Boston Cream Pie Day!

Dying for Chocolate: October 23: Boston Cream Pie Day!

Sometimes when a craving hits, And for some reason it hit me today of all days! When you don't have time to make the full blown version of an outrageous Boston-Cream-Pie ... this is the next best thing! My son recently craving my Boston Cream Cake settled for this a less time consuming version. Although you start with a cake mix for the cupcakes, the pastry cream and ganache make these little baby's a perfect individual dessert to serve! Family Favorite


Although I had chocolate all over me, my homemade pastry bag split and I swore I would never make these again? OMG, they are to die for! I will definitely make these again! I will be posting my step-by-step photos but wanted to get my recipe on here so I wouldn't forget how to make these babes. So here's what I came up with:

Outrageous-Boston-Cream-Pie Cupcakes!

Ingredients
18 1/2 ounces butter recipe cake mix

1 (3 ounce) box French vanilla instant pudding
1 cup half-and-half
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup powdered sugar

Chocolate ganache
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup light corn syrup
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
1Prepare yellow cupcakes as directed on box.
2In the meantime, prepare the vanilla custard filling by combining the instant pudding mix the half and half in a medium bowl. In a stand mixer using the whip attachment, combine cream, vanilla and powdered sugar and whip at medium speed until soft peaks form. Gently fold in the pudding mixture to the whipped cream until it is fully incorporated and smooth. Place filling into a pastry bag fitted with a #21 (or standard star) tip.
3When the cupcakes have cooled, place the tip of the pastry bag inside each cupcake and pipe in filling, being careful not to overfill.
4When all the cupcakes have been filled, prepare your ganache.
5Combine the heavy cream and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate; cover and let stand for 8 minutes. (If the chocolate has not completely melted, return the saucepan to low heat and stir constantly until melted.) Stir in the vanilla extract very gently until smooth. Cool the glaze until tepid so that a spoonful drizzled back into the pan mounds slightly. (You can refrigerate the glaze to speed up this process, stirring every few minutes to ensure even cooling.).
6Dip the tops of the cupcakes in the ganache. Place glazed cupcakes on a cooling rack to dry. Be sure to place wax paper or cookie sheet under rack as the ganache will drip.




Take a bite, you know you want to!

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Widget by LinkWithin