Welcome to V's Daily Indulgence!! My site is dedicated to recipes with ingredients that are easily found in your grocery store, no fancy ingredients, just basic everyday cooking recipes that are easy to follow even for the beginner cook!  

For my how-to-videos Click here

I am passionate about cooking and keeping my recipes Simple, Savory and Satisfying! Grab a cup of coffee and stay for awhile. I hope you find something that will soon become a family favorite! If you do, I would love to hear your comments! I'm listening.

Favorite quote: " "The best thing to hold on to in life is each other." - Audrey Hepburn

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Philly Peanut Butter Balls



It's Challenge Week 4
We're making DESSERTS yawl!

DESSERT #1
Opens Noon PT Monday, April 19, 2010.
Closes 6:00 PM PT Sunday, April 25, 2010.

I went back and forth on this one. (Desserts spelled backwards STRESSED!) Wow there are some talented women out there I'm competing with. Everyone is so wonderful though and so supportive on the website. I've made a ton of Philly phriends! Yawl check it out if you haven't already.



Okay so back to me! I have a recipe that I'm obsessed with per-fecting.... in the back of my mind. Been writing it for a long time, which means, testing it as well. I made this little bundt cake that tastes just like an almond joy candy bar. Well after making it like 10 times this week and sharing it with the neighborhood, i was too tired to actually make it AGAIN for this category. So exhausted, I came up with another recipe on the fly. Oh BOY! These are SO amazingly simple, everyone was encouraging me to make these instead of the almond joy cakes. I'll get that recipe on here soon, I promise. It's a keeper. Just don't want to think about it right now. LOL

My Description:
Bite into these seemingly innocent chocolate peanut butter balls and your mouth will encounter a hidden burst of silken cream cheese, peanut butter and chocolate. Beware, every bite is pure pleasure. (Note: Cook time includes chilling time)


Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes | Servings: 30

Philly Peanut Butter Balls
4 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup(s) of butter, room temp
1 cup(s) of powdered sugar
1 tbsp. of vanilla powder
1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract
3/4 cup(s) of Creamy Peanut Butter
2 cup(s) of Graham Cracker Crumbs, divided
6 ounce(s) of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 block paraffin wax, chopped

Steps:

In a mixer blend cream cheese until smooth
Add ½ cup softened butter and continue mixing
Turn speed up a notch and slowly add 1 cup powdered sugar
Add 1 Tbsp powdered vanilla and ½ tsp vanilla extract
Once combined, scrape the bowl. Turn mixer on Med-High speed and add ¾ cup creamy peanut butter, mix until incorporated.
Add 1 ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs and mix just until a dough forms.
Place dough on a surface sprinkled with reserved graham cracker crumbs. Roll dough around until it’s not sticky, do not knead. Add more crumbs to dough if needed.

While preparing peanut butter balls, bring a saucepan with about 1 to 1-1/2 cups of water to a boil, this will be used for the double boiler to melt the chocolate.

Pinch off walnut size pieces of dough and roll in palms of your hand (like meatballs) and place on a tray/dish until all the dough is used.

Place a bowl over the sauce pan and turn heat down to simmer. Place 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate in bowl as well as the chopped paraffin wax, stir until melted and smooth.

Place peanut butter balls in chocolate to coat. (keeping the bowl on simmer)

Remove from chocolate and place them on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.

Place in freezer for 5-10 minutes to harden.

Serve cold or room temperature, either way they are delicious!

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Widget by LinkWithin