Welcome to V's Daily Indulgence!! My site is dedicated to recipes with ingredients that are easily found in your grocery store, no fancy ingredients, just basic everyday cooking recipes that are easy to follow even for the beginner cook!  

For my how-to-videos Click here

I am passionate about cooking and keeping my recipes Simple, Savory and Satisfying! Grab a cup of coffee and stay for awhile. I hope you find something that will soon become a family favorite! If you do, I would love to hear your comments! I'm listening.

Favorite quote: " "The best thing to hold on to in life is each other." - Audrey Hepburn

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pulled Pork Sammys (Crockpot)

Another hot day in California today. The perfect time to get out the crockpot and let it do most the cooking while I enjoy the pool with the boys. I decided to make Pulled Pork Sammys and have played with this recipe long enough. Sometimes I don't post recipes because I make them all the time and they seem so basic to me. Recently a friend asked if I would share my technique for my BBQ Pulled Pork Sammy!
The last time I made my secret bbq sauce I used it instead of store bought, which is what the following recipe calls for. I have to say, I shot myself in the foot doing that and now the family wants it made like that from now on. This has always been my go-to when I don't feel like heating up the kitchen kind of dish, but I will share with you how I've always made it. If you have a favorite bbq sauce, homemade or store bought, feel free to use it.


BBQ Pulled Pork Sammys
Preparation time: 5 minutes| Cooking time: 6 hrs.

Ingredients:
  • 3 lbs pork shoulder roast (not butt roast, the shoulder roast has better shredding ability)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning (regular pepper will work just fine)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
  • 1 tablespoon minced dried onions
  • 1 cup hot water
  • 3 Tablespoons Beef Bouillon
  • 1 (21 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (your favorite- I use Kraft Original)
  • 12 sesame seed kaiser rolls
Directions:

Remove thermometer if Roast has one! Place roast in crockpot and season with spices.


Add 3 Tbls Bouillon to the water and pour on the side of roast (don’t pour over the spices)Cover.

Set Crockpot for 6 hours (or low if your crockpot has settings high-low)

Remove all of the juices from the pot once it’s done.

Shred meat with a fork and pour your bbq sauce over the meat and stir to combine. Let the roast sit on the heating element for 15 minutes before serving.

Add pulled pork to your favorite rolls and enjoy!









No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Widget by LinkWithin