Welcome to V's Daily Indulgence!! My site is dedicated to recipes with ingredients that are easily found in your grocery store, no fancy ingredients, just basic everyday cooking recipes that are easy to follow even for the beginner cook!  

For my how-to-videos Click here

I am passionate about cooking and keeping my recipes Simple, Savory and Satisfying! Grab a cup of coffee and stay for awhile. I hope you find something that will soon become a family favorite! If you do, I would love to hear your comments! I'm listening.

Favorite quote: " "The best thing to hold on to in life is each other." - Audrey Hepburn

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cream Skillet Corn






My First Video! Can ya tell.... O-My, this was too fun! I've entered the RWOP Real Women of Philadelphia Contest with my girl Paula Deen. If you love to create your own recipes, get on over there and submit a video and recipe!
This is an 8 week casting contest with a different category each week. I'm submitting videos of me cooking a fantastic PHILLY dish from one of four categories: Side Dish, Appetizer, Entrée, and Dessert.

This is going to be so much fun! I've already made so many friends in the community. I've grabbed my son to be my camera man and he has committed to going until I'm picked or till the end of the casting. Keep your fingers crossed.

Here's how it works! Each week is a brand new start! Each week they'll select two finalists, so at the end of eight weeks they'll have 16 finalists – 4 Side Dish Finalists, 4 Appetizer Finalists, 4 Entrée Finalists, and 4 Dessert Finalists. All 16 finalists will receive a trip to Savannah, Georgia where they'll cook their winning dish in front of a live audience, and Paula Deen and some wonderful judges. They'll be doing the judging and selecting one winner from each category to pick their four “Real Women of Philadelphia.” Can you imagine? AND it just gets better.. Yes, there's more!

Come on over yawl!
Real Women of Philadelphia
WEEK 1: SIDE DISH
Opens Noon PT Monday, March 29, 2010.
Closes 6:00 PM PT Sunday, April 4, 2010.

I decided to enter this recipe and it was PHABULOUS!
My description: Reminiscent of my grandmothers fresh creamed corn. I created this recipe using cream cheese which makes it simple, This skillet corn keeps the kernals whole and the cream cheese adds another layer of flavor to that I remember as a child.



Cream Skillet Corn

Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes | Servings: 6

4 cup(s) of Frozen or Fresh whole kernal corn
1/2 tsp. of salt
1 pinch of black pepper
1 tbsp. of sugar
4 tbsp. of butter
1/2 cup(s) of water
4 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Whipped Cream Cheese
1 1/2 tbsp. of milk

Steps
Combine corn, salt, pepper, sugar, butter and water in a 10-inch skillet.
Cover and simmer 15 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
In a food processor or blender, Combine cream cheese with milk, blending until smooth.

Stir into corn.
Cook 5-8 more minutes, stirring constantly until thickened.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Widget by LinkWithin