Welcome to V's Daily Indulgence!! My site is dedicated to recipes with ingredients that are easily found in your grocery store, no fancy ingredients, just basic everyday cooking recipes that are easy to follow even for the beginner cook!  

For my how-to-videos Click here

I am passionate about cooking and keeping my recipes Simple, Savory and Satisfying! Grab a cup of coffee and stay for awhile. I hope you find something that will soon become a family favorite! If you do, I would love to hear your comments! I'm listening.

Favorite quote: " "The best thing to hold on to in life is each other." - Audrey Hepburn

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Cinna-bites

No knead to get out the rolling pin for this one yawl! Cinnamon rolls need no introduction; sticky, sweet, sinful and utterly delicious. I wanted them homemade and I wanted them now! I do not know about you but I turn into an unleashed insane woman when I want to bake and don't have everything I need or more importantly time on a Sunday morning.



So let me ask you now ... when you sit that piping hot out of the oven sticky sweet roll in front of you, do you pick up the whole thing and take one huge bite out of it? Do you go for the best bite, the soft gooey center? Or do you patiently unravel the edges slowly anticipating the soft buttery, sticky center then pop the whole thing in your mouth and hope no one disturbs you while you savor the best bite of sweet cinnamon and nutmeg butter dribbling down your chin. Sticky, gooey caramel. Crunchy pecans... oh yum!

.....Pssst, with this recipe, every bite tastes just like the center of a cinnamon roll.

OK wipe that drool off the keyboard and I'll show you how to make these simple but 0h so delicious bites!

Ingredients you'll need:

  • 3 cans Pillsbury crescent roll dough
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup golden brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup pecan pieces (I used cookie pieces I find at walmart)

Spray a clean surface lightly with cooking spray. (helps the dough from sticking to the surface) Roll out crescent roll dough and pinch two triangles together making a square like this.
Cream the butter and cinnamon together until smooth. Spread over crescent squares just to the edge. Sprinkle on the brown sugar and top with pecan pieces. Pat down gently and roll each one from one end to the other making a roll.

Cut each roll in half. I use dental floss and slide under the dough then criss cross and pull. This helps the rolls keep their round shape.
Preheat Oven to 350' F. Place the rolls in a 9x13 baking dish lined with wax paper. Bake the rolls for 20-22 minutes.



These are amazing right out of the oven, I did however make a sugar glaze to drizzle on top. The family enjoyed them so much they told me I better remember how I made them! So now you can too! Doesn't get any easier than this. I'll save my "scratch cinnamon rolls" for Christmas morning which my family looks forward to all year.



No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Widget by LinkWithin