Welcome to V's Daily Indulgence!! My site is dedicated to recipes with ingredients that are easily found in your grocery store, no fancy ingredients, just basic everyday cooking recipes that are easy to follow even for the beginner cook!  

For my how-to-videos Click here

I am passionate about cooking and keeping my recipes Simple, Savory and Satisfying! Grab a cup of coffee and stay for awhile. I hope you find something that will soon become a family favorite! If you do, I would love to hear your comments! I'm listening.

Favorite quote: " "The best thing to hold on to in life is each other." - Audrey Hepburn

Friday, December 3, 2010

Breakfast for Dinner "Brinner"


With the hustle and bustle in the mornings getting the kids off to school, a "Sunday Breakfast" is mostly out of the question.  But who doesn't love breakfast for dinner?   There's something so comforting about smelling sausage or bacon waffling (yes, I meant to say that) throughout the house late in the evening. Let's face it, sometimes it's also the only way to get dinner on the table when the day gets away from you. I admit, I make breakfast for dinner every couple months weeks. My husband's egg sandwiches and breakfast burritos are amazing as well, gives me a night off of cooking too!



Whether it be savory or sweet, what's your favorite Breakfast?

In our house, we like the sweet breakfast mostly. Yep, we're talking french toast or a big ole stack of pancakes. For tonight, we all agreed on pancakes.

This is my go-to recipe! Once I figured out I could make pancakes from scratch, I no longer get away with saying there's "no bisquick". This recipe is super simple and the tecnique provides you with thick, moist and delicious pancakes everytime. Another thing I learned, if you heat your oven 200' degrees, place a baking sheet inside to warm while you prepare the pancakes. Add finished pancakes to baking sheet as you go. This way you get to enjoy dinner with the family and the cakes won't get eaten up before you get there. This keeps them warm too when making a big ole batch.

Mile High Pancakes
Prep 10 min| cook 10 min| serves: 24 pancakes
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 heaping Tbsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 Tbsp sugar
  • 2 cups 2% milk
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 4 Tbsp butter, melted
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
Preheat Griddle 350' if using.
Melt butter, mix with eggs (this lightly scrambles the eggs, it's ok) Add to milk and add 1 tsp lemon juice.
Pour into large bowl (I use my pampered chef 8 cup measuring cup) Slowly add dry ingredients, whisk until combined. Will look lumpy. Let sit for 5 minutes and whisk again.

Pour desired amount on griddle and flip over when bubbles surround the edges. Cook for another minute and remove.

Serve with warm syrup and Enjoy!



 

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Widget by LinkWithin