Welcome to V's Daily Indulgence!! My site is dedicated to recipes with ingredients that are easily found in your grocery store, no fancy ingredients, just basic everyday cooking recipes that are easy to follow even for the beginner cook!  

For my how-to-videos Click here

I am passionate about cooking and keeping my recipes Simple, Savory and Satisfying! Grab a cup of coffee and stay for awhile. I hope you find something that will soon become a family favorite! If you do, I would love to hear your comments! I'm listening.

Favorite quote: " "The best thing to hold on to in life is each other." - Audrey Hepburn

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Quick and Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies


I reviewed this recipe for a friend of mine ages ago. This brownie is rich, thick and perfect without any frosting! I often make these for the football team on Friday nights or when we go out on the boat. Seems like at the end of the day, everyone wants something sweet!
This easy recipe fits the bill everytime. I believe the original recipe comes from Betty Crocker. However, it calls for chocolate frosting and has been tweaked to my families liking. Feel Free to make it with or without nuts or the frosting. These are scrumptious no matter what!

Quick and Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies

15 min prep | 40 min cook | 55 min total


20 ounces brownie mix

1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
2 eggs
1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
17 1/2 ounces chocolate chip cookie mix (dry mix)
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 egg

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350ºF.


Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan.

Make brownie mix as directed on box, using oil, water and 2 eggs and pecans if using; Spread in pan.

Make cookie mix as directed on pouch, using butter and 1 egg.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls evenly onto brownie batter; press down lightly.

Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean.

Cool completely, about 1 hour then frost if desired with ready made frosting.

For brownies, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Widget by LinkWithin