Welcome to V's Daily Indulgence!! My site is dedicated to recipes with ingredients that are easily found in your grocery store, no fancy ingredients, just basic everyday cooking recipes that are easy to follow even for the beginner cook!  

For my how-to-videos Click here

I am passionate about cooking and keeping my recipes Simple, Savory and Satisfying! Grab a cup of coffee and stay for awhile. I hope you find something that will soon become a family favorite! If you do, I would love to hear your comments! I'm listening.

Favorite quote: " "The best thing to hold on to in life is each other." - Audrey Hepburn

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

V's Tri-Tip Marinade

This year is flying by, isn't it?  Seems like February was just a week ago and here it is June. Well in spite of the fact that I seem to be living in a time warp, I have been one busy bee! The boys only have a couple more days of school left and then home for the summer! woo hoo.... My oldest, my marine, came home for the long Memorial Day weekend and all he wanted to do was spend a lazy day at the lake.
At his request, I marinated Tri-tip and made my "secret" bbq sauce for everyone to enjoy on the boat. After tubing, and getting some much needed sun, we devoured a couple Tri-tip sandwiches my hubby had on the grill....with the sauce of course. Here's how I marinate the meat overnight.


Tri-Tip Marinade

  • 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon kosher salt
  • 1 tablespoon onion salt
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
  • 3 tablespoons minced garlic (in water)
  • 1 tablespoon minced dried onions
  • 1 (2 lb) tri-tip roast, trimmed

Directions

1.  Mix all of the ingredients except for the beef in a large mixing bowl to make the marinade. Place trimmed tri-tips in a plastic container and pour the marinade over. Let stand in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours Heat grill to medium temperature.

2  Place tri-tips on grill at a 45 degree angle to establish grill marks and cook about 35 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness. Remove the tri-tips from the grill and let rest about 2 to 5 minutes before slicing. Serve on Hogie Rolls and/or with your favorite side dishes.

 
 Oh but wait there's more.... desssert.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Widget by LinkWithin